Laguna Blanca’s application period begins one year in advance of a child's anticipated entry. For priority consideration, applications are submitted between September and the application deadline of February 1. Please note: Laguna continues to accept and review applications after the priority deadline on a space available basis.
EK-4 Applicants have a one-on-one personal evaluation to better determine a child's readiness for Laguna's programs. The personal evaluation is scheduled in January or February after the application is received.
Grades 5-12 Due to COVID-19, Laguna Blanca is TEST OPTIONAL for the 2021-22 application year. If your child elects to take the ISEE or the SSAT, thank you for sending the results to Laguna Blanca (ISEE Code: 053255, SSAT code: 3774). Please know that students will not be disadvantaged in the admission process if they do not test.
After the application is submitted, please contact the admission office at 805.687.2461 to schedule a personal interview. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Laguna is conducting personal interviews via Zoom.
The application process is identical for domestic and international students, with the exception of the following:
1. For all applicants, the admission office schedules personal meetings and interviews via Zoom.
2. Testing requirements include an English proficiency exam such as the TOEFL Jr or TOEFL, along with the SSAT or the ISEE. If testing in your country has been suspended due to COVID, please contact the admission office via email at email@example.com as there are online options.
3. A certificate of deposit from your bank stating that your family can afford Laguna's tuition. This is a required part of the student visa process.
4. There is a $2,500 yearly fee for international students who intend to graduate from Laguna Blanca School and/or who require an I-20. Please contact the admission office for more specific information as to how this applies to your child and family.
5. If a student is offered a position at Laguna Blanca, the school offers two payment options for international students after receiving the deposit:
Full tuition minus the deposit plus the international student fee by May 1.
Sixty percent of tuition less the deposit plus the international fee due May 1, with the balance due by Nov 1.