This position is a 10-month, Monday through Friday, 7:30am-12:30pm schedule and reports to the Head of School. The Health Coordinator will treat students for medical issues; help prevent physical issues and disease, and coordinate routine health assessments and health screenings to mitigate health and safety risks. This position is responsible for helping to develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures in support of the school’s mission and in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assess, evaluate and treat all health issues that present to the health office during the course of the shift.
• Seek emergency medical assistance when appropriate.
• Ensure legal documentation of all health related encounters, and make sure that proper communication channels have been followed.
• Evaluate students or employees with contagious and/or infectious diseases.
• Maintain the overall wellness and safety of the School community and enhance a positive, mission-driven and student-centered school culture, and coordinate effective health services for the student community.
• Communicate effectively to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
• Administer routine medical care, dispense medication, and provide first aid treatment to students.
• Work collaboratively with the Administrative team to develop policies and procedures for crisis intervention.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent clinical skills in the areas of health assessment, evaluation and treatment.
• The ability to triage multiple medical issues at one time, including emergencies.
• Demonstrated experience with legally required documentation
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Strong listening skills in the areas of active listening, writing and speaking.
• Optimistic outlook and demonstrated skill in creative problem solving and ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
• Demonstrated flexibility and the willingness to contribute to the School community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN), or Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) with a Bachelor Degree in a related field.
• Healthcare background or training (e.g. RN, EMT, Wilderness First Responder/Aid, etc.) desired
• A background working with lower, middle, and high school students is preferred.
• Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification required.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
• Prolonged periods of standing, reaching, and bending.
• Must be able to traverse school facility and lead students to safety in the event of an emergency.