Laguna Blanca’s application period begins one year in advance of a child's anticipated entry. For priority consideration, applications are submitted between September and the application deadline of February 1.Please note: Laguna continues to accept and review applications after the priority deadline on a space available basis.
1. Complete the online application and submit the $130 application fee. You will receive an email confirmation once your application has been submitted.
2. Within 1-2 business days, the Admissions Office will email with follow up instructions on how to access your digital Admissions Portal. Through the portal, you can view a checklist of the required documents to complete your child’s application. You may also request teacher recommendations, report cards, and standardized test results through the portal.
3. If your child has attended multiple schools, you may download additional PDF copies of the school records request and the teacher recommendation forms from our website.
EK-4 Applicants participate in a one-on-one personal evaluation to better determine a child's readiness for Laguna's programs. Personal evaluations are scheduled December through February 17 after the application is received.
Grades 5-12 Due to COVID-19, Laguna Blanca is TEST OPTIONAL for the 2023-24 application year. If your child elects to take the ISEE or the SSAT, thank you for sending the results to Laguna Blanca (ISEE Code: 053255, SSAT code: 3774). Please know that students will not be disadvantaged in the admission process if they do not test.
The application process is identical for domestic and international students, with the exception of the following:
1. For all applicants, the admission office schedules personal meetings and interviews via Zoom.
2. Testing requirements include an English proficiency exam such as the TOEFL Jr or TOEFL, along with the SSAT or the ISEE. If testing in your country has been suspended due to COVID, please contact the admission office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org as there are online options.
3. A certificate of deposit from your bank stating that your family can afford Laguna's tuition. This is a required part of the student visa process.
4. There is a $2,500 yearly fee for international students who intend to graduate from Laguna Blanca School and/or who require an I-20.
5. If a student is offered a position at Laguna Blanca, the school offers two payment options for international students after receiving the deposit:
A. Full tuition minus the deposit plus the international student fee by May 1.
B. Sixty percent of tuition less the deposit plus the international fee due May 1, with the balance due by November 1.